Getting Married on the Amalfi Coast
A wedding on the Amalfi Coast is the perfect choice for those dreaming of an exciting, moving and joyful wedding.
Getting married on the Amalfi Coast is truly a one in its kind and unforgettable Italian wedding experience, a string of emotions from the very first moment you get there until the final day of departure. The feeling you have is similar to the one you experience when madly falling in love for someone and time spent together seems never to be enough.
The Amalfi coast is a stretch of Southern Italy’s coastline, halfway between the blue of the sky and that of the sea. It seems to have been created by a painter’s palette aiming to use all the warmest and brightest shades of colors in order to create a landscape uniquely beautiful and breathtaking and make you doubt if all that Beauty is real.
Getting married on the Amalfi coast means you have chosen one of the most picturesque and stunning destinations for your wedding in Italy. Positano, Ravello, Amalfi, Sorrento, Capri, Praiano, Maiori are only some of the top destinations for those aiming to experience a dreamlike wedding in Italy.
Breathless sceneries, history, ancient traditions, perfect weather all year round, delicious cuisine, excellent wines, friendly and warm-hearted people will gift you of a full sensorial experience on your luxury Italian wedding, destined to stay in your heart forever.
Why Choosing to get married on the Amalfi Coast for a destination wedding??
– STUNNING AND BREATHTAKING SCENERIES: The Amalfi coast offers a wide variety of landscapes: from stunning rocky cliffs to cultivated citrus terraces, from tiny panoramic villages to the beauty of hidden and narrow coves of deep blue waters.
During your Italian wedding experience on the Amalfi coast you will get fascinated and fulfilled by the speechless beauty of such a place, which will definitely pamper and seduce you with its sceneries, folklore, its contrasting colors going from the blue of the sea to the green of the trees and the yellow of lemons all around.
– TASTY FLAVORS AND DELICIOUS SCENTS: your wedding party on the Amalfi Coast will be a feast of authentic flavors and scents.
The smell of lemons, fresh fish and seafood, local cheese, sun ripened vegetables and irresistible desserts: all this and more is the real treasure of the territory, beautiful at sight and delicious at taste.
Lemons are the most representative and typical product of the Amalfi Coast as well as the main ingredient of many local recipes, such as limoncello, babà, ice creams but also ricotta cheese ravioli enriched by lemon peel. Another very famous dish, very typical of this part of the world, is “scialatielli ai frutti di mare’, made of fresh seafood and handmade traditional pasta.
And last but not least, how to forget the humble and divine anchovy, used to prepare the extraordinary Cetara anchovy colatura (Colatura di acciughe di Cetara)?
– MILD CLIMATE:On the Amalfi Coast the sun always shines high and bright, painting the days with stunning colors. The everlasting long Summers going from March to October make the climate perfect for those couples dreaming of an open-air wedding.
– HOSPITALITY AND FOLKLORE: Locals in the area are very welcoming and friendly and will make you feel at home from the very first moment. The heartwarming folklore of the Amalfi Coast, made of drums, triccheballacche, antenne e putipù, is unique and incomparable.
– LOCAL HANDICRAFTS: Vietri Sul Mare is famous for its hand painted ceramics, such as tiles, plates, vases, all handmade by local artisans and manufactures . Vietri’s ceramic and the famous limoncello are a great bomboniera idea (Wedding gift) for your wedding on the Amalfi Coast.
On the Amalfi Coast it is possible to celebrates weddings of all sort: from civil to Catholic, symbolic, Hindu, protestant and Jewish ones.
If you wish to have an open-air civil ceremony on the Amalfi Coast you can choose beetween the Giardino della Principessa di Piemonte ( Piemonte Princess’ garden) in Ravello or the townhall gardens in Positano.
In Capri you can choose among August’ s gardens, Punta Tragara view point, Punta Cannone or villa Lysis.
If you rather prefer a Catholic wedding, you can choose among one of the stunning churches in Amalfi, Positano or Ravello.
In Capri and Sorrento it is not possible to celebrate Catholic weddings for non resident couples, unfortunately.
A symbolic wedding on the Amalfi coast is particularly scenic and emotional and can be celebrated on a panoramic terrace, in an enchanting garden, under a lemon pergola or facing a scenic cliff.
A protestant wedding on the Amalfi Coast can be celebrated inside the tiny Evangelic church in Capri or on one of the stunning terraces of the Amalfi Coast.
Wedding Location on the Amalfi Coast
Italy Wedding Planner has selected a wide variety of locations for your wedding on the Amalfi Coast, some of them being really gems with unique panorama views.
You can choose among an elegant and refined villa with panoramic terrace, a luxury hotel overlooking the coastal landscape, an ancient monastery, a lemon scented garden, an ancient Saracen tower, a natural sea cave accessible only by boat: the only thing left to do is picking up the perfect location and let your dream come true.